Monday 15 September 2014

just love | be brave | stay strong | carry on - interview with Celia Pavey


. celia pavey .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me I am so happy to be able to share with you all this interview, with someone who inspires me in so many ways & a beautiful role models for girls out there, someone who I was lucky enough to meet just last week and first handed hear this beautiful angels voice. I first came across Celia on The Voice last year and have followed her journey the whole way. Like drawings, colours, books and photos, I seem to really connect with music too, I love to sit out in nature, close my eyes and blast music. Allowing it to block out any thought or emotion and me to become that song, following its highs and lows. For my Celia's music is the perfect go too.

 Just two months after I lost my mum, hearing her music really helped me, just at the gig last week the supporting artist Lester the Fierce explained her voice as just like rain dropping and I totally agree... soothing, calming and brings rainbows and sunshine heheh. I had listened to her songs so much I felt like the annoying person in the audience knowing all the words hahah but it was such a special night & I think everyone else in the audience couldn't agree more with me. I can't wait to see what the future holds for her and one of my favourite lines from one of her songs from the night that I must share is:

" just love,
                              be brave,
                                                                  stay strong…
                                                                                                       carry on."


Celia has such a warm heart and her music speaks so beautifully about who she is and what she is about and…. I think you would all be missing out if you don't check it out heheh.
BUT FIRST here is a special little interview :)


star sign: Aquarius
favourite colour: Turquoise
birth stone: Garnet

How would you describe yourself in 3 words?

hehe that's a tough one!! I guess sensitive, honest & natural.

You have just released your new EP 'Bodies', tell me about the creation of this, the types of songs on it & the journey it has been from The Voice to now releasing it?

My debut EP 'Bodies' grew from the emotions I have felt from the experience I have had with the people in my life, so far. All of the songs were written from the heart in a very honest way, representing love, friendships, people's habits and relationships, all of which I had in common with the wonderful artists who co-wrote 'Bodies' ( Danielle Blakey, Jake Stone, Alexandra Hosking) and 'Shadow' (Tim Hart of Boy and Bear) with me.

My single 'Red' I write on my own only a couple of days before heading into the studio to record my EP with my producer Eric J Debowsky (Chet Faker and Flume). It was such a quick decision to include it on the EP, but Eric loved it so much and I am so happy to have released it as my single. The whole vibe of the EP is very organic and natural with a hint of adventure but still staying true to the beautiful style of folk.

The Voice was a fantastic learning curve for me, I learnt so much and feel that the experience formed a great platform an start to my career. Delta Goodrem guided me throughout the journey and helped me grow as an artist and as a person always telling me to 'just be yourself, just be you Celia' which I now always remind myself. I am so thankful for the time I spent with Delta, the other coaches and artists during my time on the show, I met so many inspiring people.

It is so good to be able to focus on my own music now and I feel I am constantly learning new things and developing more and more as an artist. I am so excited to have finally released some of my own music. I am always writing and can't wait to share more music in the future.

Where do you draw inspiration from? and besides being a beautiful singer, do you have any other creative talents? 

I draw most of my inspiration from artists that I admire from the 60s/70s like Joni Mitchell, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Simon & Garfunkel, Joan Baez, Jefferson Airplane and many other including recent artists like Angus & Julia Stone, Bat for Lashes, Boy & Bear and First Aid Kit.. all of that hippie stuff hehe!! Having irish ancestry in the family I grew up surrounded by music, singing at church from a young age and constantly being inspired by my older sister Emily who is such a gifted singer & pianist. I learnt the violin from a young age and taught myself the guitar when I began to write my own songs.
Well I LOVE to dance and I LOVE to draw and paint and I also LOVE photography hehe but I'm not sure if these are talents of mine, they are just creative things that I love doing that make me happy.

You are living in Sydney, do you think where you live, your background and how you grew up has influenced your music?

Growing up in the country in a small town called 'Forbes' definitely influenced my style. Our parents exposed us to folk music artists like Simon and Garfunkel which straight away influenced the way I began to write music.

What do you do to take time out for yourself, do you have a special place that you go to re-ground yourself?

I like to go for long walks or runs along Coogee beach, it clears my mind refreshes mu thought and reminds me how beautiful nature really is. But most  of all I love to go back home to Forbes where I grew up and where my family are because there's nothing better than being surrounded by the people who love you and who know you the best to keep your feet on the ground.

What is the best advice you have ever gotten?

The best advice would have to be the advice my amazing mother gives me whenever things become overwhelming, feel impossible or if you are going through a rough patch. She would just say the words "Everything will be okay" and has been right every single time. I always trust the advice and will forever preach it.

What does the future hold for Celia Pavey?
I guess just taking things as they come, I am constantly learning and loving every second of this journey. I will be working extremely hard and making the most of every opportunity that comes my way, but most of all I just want to share my gift with everyone and hope that they enjoy my music. The most important thing in life is to do what you love and to love what you do, always do what makes you happy  and always just be yourself.

                        ---------------------
Celia was such a pleasure to interview & it was so wonderful to get to know her a little better, and get to share this with you all of you :)
You can all follow the links below to check out her past music, her new EP, how to purchase it and follow her journey from now on….

Instagram @celiapavey
Facebook /celiamaypavey
Youtube celia9307

you can purchase a copy of her EP Bodies --HERE
you can purchase her songs from iTunes --HERE





I hope you all really enjoyed this special interview &
found some inspiration to follow your own dreams :)
love Leana xxxx


Here is a little video of behind the scenes in launching her first album just out of The Voice last year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.